Rules & Regulations
Rules & Regulations Highlights
- All promotions outside the contracted stand area are prohibited.
- The use of sound amplifier and excessively loud activities are prohibited.
- Over the Counter cash sales are prohibited.
- Only official freight forwarders are allowed for onsite handling.
- Customs clearing are to be done solely by official freight forwarders.
- Onsite storage for boxes, crates, and valuables are to be arranged by exhibitor.
- Consumer courier services are not recommended.
- Standard Package’s power sockets are not to be used for lighting.
- Standard Package modification must be carried out by official contractor only, charges may apply.
- Damage occurred to pavement, carpet and walls incur charges exhibitor and/or contractor.
- Damage occurred to Standard Package equipment incur charges to exhibitor.
- Overtime constructions is not allowed.
- All stand designs must be approved by Organiser.
- Photography is prohibited.
The Organiser holds all rights to the exhibition ground(s) and has complete authority to interfere, stop and prevent any activity and/or individual deemed unsuitable and settle any dispute may occur.
Promotion & Sales During Exhibition
- Exhibitors may not place exhibits, equipment, and promoting materials beyond the boundary of their stand.
- Exhibitors’ representatives may not distribute material such as brochures and invitations beyond the boundary of their stand i.e. along the aisles or near the entrances/exits.
- Exhibitors may not to place stickers, signs or posters anywhere in the hall other than within their own stand.
- Over the Counter cash sales are prohibited.
- Exhibitors may not place any display material or exhibit, nor extend their stand structures and fittings, beyond their contracted boundary.
The use of microphone and sound amplification for presentation is prohibited. In the event of justifiable complaints from other exhibitors, the Organiser reserves the right to determine the acceptable sound level and adjust accordingly.
*note: The generally acceptable sound level is 60-65 decibel.
Demonstrations & Working Exhibits
- Moving machinery must be fitted with safety devices when the machines are in operation. These safety devices may be removed only when the machines are disconnected from the power source.
- No motors, engines contrivances or power-driven machinery may be used without adequate protection against risk of fire and safety.
- Working machines must be placed at a relatively safe distance from visitors. Use of safety guards is strongly recommended.
- Working machinery must always remain in the confines of its designated area and operated by qualified personnel only. The machine cannot be left operating on its own without supervision.
- All pressure vessels or equipment under pressure must conform to the safety standards & regulations. Approval of their use is required.
Unless otherwise approved by the Organiser, the venue operator and the relevant authorities in writing at least one month before the exhibition:
- No naked light, open flame or temporary gas may be used in the exhibition centre. This includes continuous welding work and neon lights.
- No explosives, petrol, dangerous gas or highly inflammable substance will be allowed in the exhibition complex. The organiser must be notified in advance of any display of motor vehicles with fuel tank, petrol-engined equipment.
- Radioactive substances shall not be brought into the exhibition centre.
- Proper transportation and storage of all pressure tanks containing helium, compressed air, argon, carbon dioxide and any other pressurized vessel is required and must conform to all relevant safety standards and regulations.
Licensing & Permits
- Exhibitor must obtain and keep in force all necessary permits and licenses, e.g. copyrights, royalties and trademarks for exhibits, goods, and services.
- Promotional activities may necessitate license and approval from the relevant regulatory authorities.
Smoking is prohibited. Exhibitors, their related agents and associates, and contractors are prohibited to smoke in all indoor areas outside designated smoking areas
There is no storage space in the exhibition halls. Direct arrangements should be made with your appointed stand contractor and/or freight forwarder. Otherwise, exhibitors must arrange for their empty and non-usable cartons and cases to be transported back to the exhibitor’s own premises before the first day of the show.
The loading docks at Myanmar Convention Centre are up a flight of stairs and doors are limited to 2.0mH x 1.6mW opening.
Floor Loading Capacity
Indoor 1st floor
Floor loading capacity is 400-450 kilograms per square meter.
Indoor 2nd floor
- No service elevator
- Hand carry by manpower
- Maximum floor load capacity 200 kilograms per square meter
- Hand lift or Forklift cannot operate on 2nd floor
For exhibits exceeding floor loading limit, special arrangement for steel base plates must be made with official freight forwarder.
Exhibitor must arrange with official freight forwarder to schedule for heavy and large exhibits within the scheduled time limit.
Important Freight & Shipping Highlights -- please refer to APT's shipping manual for more information:
- ATA Carnet is not acceptable document in Myanmar.
- The Myanmar Authorities allow exhibits to be imported under “Temporary Import” basis but exhibits must be re-exported within one month from the last date of the show.
- We do not recommend that the exhibitor ship foodstuff or beverages or medicines to the exhibition and would suggest the exhibitor buy them locally.
- Temporary importation of some special products such as communication equipment, medical equipment, chemical, pharmaceutical, food stuff and beverage, plants is subject to special import license granted by relevant Ministries.
- Cargo & shipments MUST NOT be consigned to the Organiser, the Venue, or the exhibitors themselves due to the high risk of customs delay. Please contact forwarder and name the clearing agent or forwarder as the consignee.
- The official freight forwarder must be appointed for on-site handling of heavy and/or large exhibits. Such exhibits must arrive in good time for port clearance and reach the exhibition site on the first day of the build-up period. When stand structures are erected, it may not be possible to move-in/install such exhibits that arrive late. Exhibitors are requested to be on-site early to supervise the positioning and installation of exhibits. Please get contact with freight forwarder to advise the layout plan showing the position of your exhibits placement.
- If your cargo arrives on site unattended, the Organiser reserves the right to appoint the official freight forwarder on behalf of the exhibitor. All charges incurred, including late surcharges, will be borne by the exhibitor. Please ensure that proper arrangement has been made beforehand with your consignee to receive/handle your cargo at the exhibition site.
- No storage is available on-site. Please make direct arrangement with the official freight forwarder. Local exhibitors may alternatively choose to transport their empty cases or cartons back to their own premises.
- The Organiser reserves the right to remove/dispose of any carton, cases and/or packing materials left in the exhibition hall. All cost incurred will be borne by the exhibitor.
- Large exhibits must arrive in good time for port clearance and reach the exhibition site on or by the first day of build-up period.
- Exhibitors will not be allowed to use their own pallet truck/trollies or any other method of moving goods in the exhibition hall other than hand carried.
- Heavy exhibits must use a platform or steel plates for load spreading if necessary.
- The exhibition site is designated as Customs Bonded Area. No exhibits are allowed to be taken out without the prior approval and proper documentation. For customs clearance purpose, an Exhibit Clearance Form is required for all hand-carried items to be taken out of the exhibition hall. These forms are obtainable at the Service Counter, and should be completed in advance. Once completed, the forms will need to be endorsed by the organizer or by official freight forwarders.
Space Only (Raw/Bare Space)
Space Only (Raw/Bare Space) stand does not include:
Carpet, partitions, electricity for lighting, electricity for machine, furniture, booth cleaning, trash removal
Space Only (Raw/Bare Space) stand is required to have:
Carpet (or flooring), electricity for lighting, booth cleaning, partitions (walls) on the non-open side(s).
Maximum Height for Booth Structure & Decorations
5.0mH for Hall 1 Ground Floor, booth no. C1-19, D1-19, E1-19, F1-19
2.7mH for Hall 1 Ground Floor, booth no. A1-9, B1-19, G1-19, H1-9
3.5mH for Hall 1 Second Floor
Designs & constructions
- Maximum height of all structure, decoration and branding height are according to above maximum height
- 1m setback rule: all structure, decorations and branding taller than 2.44 metres must be 1 metre away from the wall of the neighboring stand
- 1/3 rule: on the side of the stand facing the aisle, the structure must have one-third visibility, clearing from pavement up.
- Non open sides must have walls, minimum of 2.44mH.
- All materials used in the construction and installation of the Exhibition Stand and any other structures must entirely consist of fire-retardant materials as required by prevailing fire safety regulations.
- The prevailing fire safety regulations and building codes of the Exhibition Centre. Fire regulations prohibit the storage of combustible materials in the exhibition halls. Written approval must be obtained from the relevant authorities.
- Permanent false ceilings are not allowed. False ceiling of egg grid and mesh construction of non-combustible materials may be allowed, subjected to the approval.
- No person under any circumstances shall cut into or through any floor covering or wall nor alter any stand service structure except when authorised in writing by the Organiser. Any such damage to stand service structures or Exhibition Premises will be invoiced to the exhibitor and/or exhibitor’s stand contractor.
- In adherence to safety requirements, the Organiser reserves the right to 1) mandate stand design and/or decoration amendment(s) and/or 2) suspend the constructions and/or operations at its discretion.
Important Power Supply & Yangon Municipal Electricity Notice
- The Yangon Municipal electricity supply is subjected to intermittently drops. Exhibitors and those participating in the exhibition must take every reasonable precaution to ensure preventive measures to back up or prevent any damage or loss due to unforeseen or planned power failure/outage occurring under any circumstance.
- Exhibits & equipment requiring different voltage or frequency, stabilisers, or special requirements, Exhibitors are to arrange their own provision such as transformers, converters, boosters, stabilisers, Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS), genset etc. to safeguard sensitive exhibits & equipment.
- One socket must be used for one exhibit only at a time. One lighting connection must be used for one light only at a time. Multipoint connection is not allowed to prevent the risk of power overload.
- For reasons of safety and power load distribution, all electrical work from the source must be carried out by the Organiser’s official electrical contractor. If you have prefabricated wiring and fixtures, you may not connect to the source till work has been inspected by the official electrical contractor.
- Late orders for power or supplementary lighting cannot be guaranteed.
Power Supply for Exhibits/Machineries
It is crucial that exhibitors provide the electrical contractor with the following details, along with each order for exhibits and/or machines to ensure no electrical disruption occurs during the exhibition:
- The type and quantity of machines to be connected to each 3-phase power supply outlets.
- The number of motors within each machine, and the rating (in horse-power or kilo-watts) of each motor.
- The method of starting of each motor (i.e. using star delta, auto-transformer or any others).
Supply Voltage380 volts 3 phase +/- 10%
220 volts single phase +/- 10%
Frequency 50 Hz
All motors must have independent automatic protection against excessive current using one of the following starters:
Up to 5 HP Direct-on-line
5-25 HP Star-Delta
Above 25 HP Auto transformer
- All electrical installation & connection work at the exhibition must be carried out solely by the official electrical contractor.
- All electrical equipment must be tested by the Organiser’s appointed licensed engineers prior to turning on the electricity supply.
- Exhibitors requiring special arrangements (eg different voltages and frequency or special connection to equipment) must notify the Organiser in writing seeking approval and a quotation (if possible) before the deadline.
- Air Compressors with motor power more than 0.5 HP are not allowed in the hall. Air compressors with motor capacity more than 0.5 HP are available for rent from Organiser’s official contractor.
Power Supply for Lightings & Decorations
The 5-Amp electricity sockets are not allowed to be used with lightings of any kind. Lighting connection must be ordered to use with lightings & decorations.
- The Organiser will not themselves be responsible for the safety of articles of any kind brought into the exhibition site by exhibitors, their servants, agents or contractors, members of the public or any person whosoever.
- Exhibitors shall make sure that they are fully covered by insurance including, but not restricted to, all risks on their property, exhibits or articles of any kind, public liability and comprehensive protection against any loss or damage caused by any circumstance whatsoever whether by reason of fire, water, theft, accident or any other cause.
- The period of liability of the exhibitor shall be deemed to run from the time the exhibitor or any of his servants, agents or contractors first enter the exhibition site, and to continue until all his exhibits and property have been removed.
- The exhibitors shall insure, indemnify and hold the Organiser harmless in respect of all costs, claims, demands and expenses to which the Organiser may in any way be subject as a result of any loss or injury arising to any person (including members of the public or the Organiser's staff, agents or contractors) however caused as a result or any act or default of the exhibitor, his servants, agents or contractors or invitees.
- If the Organiser demands, the exhibitor shall provide proof to the Organiser that the exhibitor had adequate insurance cover.
- The Organiser shall not in any event be held responsible for any restriction or condition which prevents the construction, erection, completion, alteration or dismantling of stands, or for the entry, sitting or removal of exhibits, or for the failure of any services or amenities provided by the hall landlord, for the cancellation or part-time opening of the exhibition either as a whole or in part, or for amendments or alterations to all or any of the rules and regulations caused by circumstances not under their control.
- Exhibitors must ensure that their temporary staff and the staff of their servants, agents or contractors are insured against claims for workman's compensation.